Today EA Sports released an update that fixed some pretty big problems in its hit boxing title. Here are the list of things that EA has fixed with their latest update to Fight Night Champion!
Fixed One-Punch Knockouts
· Pretty self-explanatory this one. One punch KOs are happening again.
Health and Knockdowns
· Boxers with low health can now be knocked down without automatically entering the “critical health” stun state.
· Cumulative punching can, in effect, cause knockdowns without being so predictable.
· Boxers can now move forwards with their guard up as fast as opponents can move backwards with their guard down
· Movement speed near the ropes or corners is affected. Makes it more difficult to consistently run throughout the course of a fight.
· Weave input sensitivity has been improved.
· Long term stamina loss for moving backwards is significantly higher than stamina loss for moving forwards.
· Short term stamina loss for throwing several punches is more significant.
· The effect of low stamina on boxer power and toughness is more significant. When a boxer’s stamina bar is low, they are weaker and more susceptible to damage than before.
· Stamina loss for high output punchers is more significant overall.
· Tweaked hit reaction strength such that punches to the body do not offset opponent punches as drastically.
· Reduces the instance of what some users felt were, “forced misses”.
· Judging logic tweaked to favor clean, effective punching more than previously.
· In general, most judges will favor the boxer who lands fewer, more significant punches over the boxer who lands higher numbers of less significant punches.
· Big punches and stuns have a bigger chance of swinging a round in favor of a boxer.
· Fixed issue where game would sometimes hang when attempting to import created fighters into Legacy Mode.
· Alternate Weight Class DLC boxers can be imported into Legacy Mode. So can George Foreman.
Fixed the Online Leaderboards Cheat
OWC Match-Up Logic
· Prioritizes match-ups been boxers with similar OVR ratings.
· Matchups between boxers with too large a difference in OVR will not be made (no more hunting for easy fights).
· OWC Boxer Ratings have been balanced so that new boxers aren’t at as big a disadvantage starting out.
· Rolled back a subset of previous tunerset updates that were adversely affecting offline gameplay difficulty.
· Improved the effect of Offline Gameplay Sliders for Punch Accuracy and Punch Output (as much as possible).